Ornithology lesson: The yellowhammer is Alabama's state bird.
Even after schooling in the state, I never knew this story. In the War, men of Huntsville arrived in Kentucky later than those troops who’d been fighting for weeks. The men had bright yellow on their uniforms, whereas the other soldiers colors had faded. The Huntsville company became known as the yellowhammers. The state got a bird, and the University found something to rhyme with Rammer Jammer, and we got a visual pun. Triple win.
- Letterpress printed in Massachusetts
- Size: 13" x 20"
- 110lb Lettra letterpress paper
- Proudly Printed on 100% Cotton
- As is the nature of any handmade item, there are slight variations in inking & each one is perfect in its own way.
- Does not include frame or matting